So, now that you all know about our plans for the Kimbilio Baby Home, you may be wondering just how you can get involved and help us launch this project well. Everything we do in the beginning of Kimbilio will be possible because of the support of individuals like you! Our prayer is that God will bring forth people that are willing to join the movement to provide a refuge for orphaned and abandoned babies and a training center for those already caring for Kenya’s orphans around the country. You can find out more by visiting the sponsorship and/or needs page.
As we mentioned before, our plan is to rent a home in Nairobi that will serve as a “home base” for Kimbilio. Our focus at this home will be to receive new children, focus on any immediate medical needs and assessments, and the completion of the legal process of obtaining guardianship. While there will ultimately be a transition to Kimbilio, the Baby Home is where we begin to implement our child development and discipleship model. The home will be led by our new staff, the Rodes Family as well as the following Kenyan staff;
direct care givers (to be moms)
Are you ready to join with us? Here are ways you can help support the opening of the Kimbilio Baby Home:
- Be a family for a baby at the Kimbilio Baby Home. Visit Child Sponsorship.
- We will rent the home in Nairobi, so our goal is to raise the funds needed to pay rent for an entire year before we start renting the home. This will be approximately $15,000. Help us reach this goal by clicking HERE and selecting Baby Home Rent.
- We will need to purchase items for the Kimbilio Baby Home like appliances, cribs, beds, etc. You can “purchase” these things from our Kimbilio Catalog. Click HERE to view the Kimbilio Catalog.
- Family Advocate – Lead the charge within your family, small group, athletic team, church, etc. to secure a family (ten sponsors, each at $45 per month) for a baby at the Kimbilio Baby Home. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Host a baby shower or supply drive to collect needed toys, bedding, bottles, diapers, clothes, etc. We are registered at Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us. View the registriesHERE and email email@example.com and we will be sure your baby shower/supply drive is set up for success.
- Purchase something off a registry and ship it to us through the address on the registry.
We are grateful for your partnership and interest in partnering with us to impact a generation of children across Kenya!